Recipe type: Summer Drinks
This recipe is extremely refreshing, excellent for house parties, such as baby or bridal showers, afternoon get-togethers. Not only are you drinking something refreshing, it is healthy and taking care of your body. Why not have this special drink for your special friends and family? This recipe is from the Madoilers, found on the internet. It is too good to not share, and to not have it in my collection!
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup Organic Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Agave nectar (or Honey)
- 4 drops Lavender Essential oil
- 6-8 drops Lemon Essential oil
- 4 cups Water
- 1 Lemon, sliced (for garnish)
- 1 fresh bunch of lavender sprigs (for garnish)
- Over medium heat, combine two cups of water and organic cane sugar, bringing to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in agave nectar or honey. Cover for about 15 minutes, allowing mixture to steep.
- In a large pitcher of cubed ice, combine Essential oils to mixture of sugar/honey water. Feel free to add a drop of blue and red food coloring to mixture to give it a lovely purple color.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and serve over ice. Garnish with fresh lavender and sliced lemons and Enjoy!
- ** make sure you are using only pure essential oils for taking internally, and that are labeled ok to do so.